These piglets look so determined.
When the liberal says “race is a social construct,” he is not being a soft-headed dolt; he is speaking an historical truth. We do not go around testing the “Irish race” for intelligence or the “Southern race” for “hot-headedness.” These reasons are social. It is no more legitimate to ask “Is the black race dumber than then white race?” than it is to ask “Is the Jewish race thriftier than the Arab race?”
The strongest argument for “race” is that people who trace their ancestry back to Europe, and people who trace most of their ancestry back to sub-Saharan Africa, and people who trace most of their ancestry back to Asia, and people who trace their ancestry back to the early Americas, lived isolated from each other for long periods and have evolved different physical traits (curly hair, lighter skin, etc.)
Andrew writes that liberals should stop saying “truly stupid things like race has no biological element.” I agree. Race clearly has a biological element — because we have awarded it one. Race is no more dependent on skin color today than it was on “Frankishness” in Emerson’s day. Over history of race has taken geography, language, and vague impressions as its basis.
“Race,” writes the great historian Nell Irvin Painter, “is an idea, not a fact.” Indeed. Race does not need biology. Race only requires some good guys with big guns looking for a reason.–
What We Mean When We Say ‘Race Is a Social Construct’
(via le-kif-kif)Via let me explain u a thing
Ryan Gosling won’t eat his cereal (x)
I hate all of you
This is absolutely bizarre. Thanks, internet.
Via Mikaela Schipani
Lindsay Weir (Freaks and Geeks), Rae (My Mad Fat Diary), Peggy Olson (Mad Men)
Nick Miller (New Girl), Toby Ziegler (West Wing), Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm)
Liz Lemon (30 Rock), Monica Geller (Friends), Jane Kerkovich (Happy Endings)
Ben Wyatt (Parks and Rec), Tessa Altman (Suburgatory), Tina Belcher (Bob’s Burgers)
C.J. Cregg (West Wing), Monica Geller (Friends), Britta Perry (Community)
Happily coupled up right now, but this is basically how I feel all the time when I’m single. Even though there is scientific evidence that I am actually terrible at dates.
Effects Of Thinking White People Are “All Like That”:
- Literally nothing other than white people having their feelings hurt on the internet
- I’m not joking there is no real world consequence of this
Effects Of Thinking People of Color Are “All Like That”:
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
thank you for this fucking post
Just a good reminder.
I was in need of this.
EXTREME NOSE BOOP: LEVEL PLATINUM
A Place for You
Written by Christopher M. Jones
Drawn by Laura Knetzger
Via Leigh Walton
My Burrito Is Falling Apart And So Am I: An Autobiography
I would send this to my dad, if I could get my dad to understand gifs/the internet.
Via ginger, get the popcorn!
There’s hope for this generation yet.
I have thoughts and feelings about this.
ETA: turns out it was photoshopped. Just in case you care.