Vintage Portland Timbers barware heading to tomorrow’s #pdxflea @portlandflea #portlandtimbers #portland #pdx #rosecity #timbers #timbersarmy #soccer #mls #vintage #barware #rolypolyglasses
I want these.
The ladies of Game of Thrones attend HBO’s ‘Game Of Thrones’ panel and Q&A during Comic-Con International 2014 at San Diego on July 25th, 2014.
I didn’t even really look at the picture that much, the words “spicy mini meatball grilled cheese” are a dealmaker.
Sometimes you get your heart broke, when you didn’t know you cared enough for that to happen.
If you’re like me, even though you totally did everything right and were a communicative, mature individual, it manifests in not being able to sleep through the night, waking up every so often with a lightning bolt to your heart, sweaty and angry and embarrassed and unable to fall back asleep without the whole thing playing out on your eyelids. You spend an entire day on the couch, watching TV shows you know by heart so you can doze in and out without missing essential plot points, only getting up to pee, not sure if you’re hungover, or food poisoned, or just felled by self pity. It feels like it’s never going to end. How are you going to get through work, through your commute, through everything that stands between you and the next time you can at least try to sleep through a few hours so you can stop thinking about it even for a little while.
But it gets better. It can feel better. It doesn’t happen all at once. But, for the next time it happens and it feels so hopeless that you can’t imagine feeling better, an incomplete list of things that make it suck less:
- Cat GIFs. In this specific situation, big ups to n-x-northwest for unwittingly reblogging exactly what I needed.
- Coffee. Guys, were you aware of exactly how awesome coffee is? I felt like a human again after a couple of cups of bottomless free workplace coffee.
- A playlist that varies in quality from that new Bleachers single you’re obsessed with to Yeah Yeah Yeahs to Beastie Boys to Jimmy Eat World (you guys, when the lyrics from The Middle speak to you, it’s like middle school all over again).
- Enough good friends that you can text or that text you, so his texts aren’t even on the first page of your iPhone anymore. A week that goes from a blank expense on your gCal to more booked than any in recent memory, and you’re looking forward to it all, highly anticipated movies, nerdy singalongs, favorite breakfast sandwiches and all.
- Game of Thrones fan fiction in an AU where Stannis Baratheon is a fantasy football commissioner, and I don’t even read fanfic.
- Nachos and a margarita. For real. If that’s the first meal you eat after you decide to not be a grumpy Gus anymore, it tastes like the first meal you’ve eaten ever.
There are more. There are always more. What I’m saying is, I think it’s gonna be okay.
Trailer: ‘The One I Love' - Aug 1 (VOD)
Directed by Charlie McDowell, written by Justin Lader, starring Mark Duplass, Elisabeth Moss, Ted Danson.
Basically I love everything Mark Duplass has ever done and I am so excited for this.
Via Pop Culture Brain | Movies TV Music Web Theater
“She was of the stuff of which great men’s mothers are made. She was indispensable to high generation, hated at tea parties, feared in shops, and loved at crises.”
—Thomas Hardy, Far from the Madding Crowd
RIP, lady hero.
This, this and more this!
look at the last pic help
I thought we were friends
But we need to talk about this dress. It’s made up of Sondheim faces.
I want a whole wardrobe made out of this fabric tbh.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE FOR BIRTHDAY PRESENTS, GUYS
YUP. Would wear.
If you’ve ever been to an open-mic: Men are not funny…. No-one is funny! …”I’m on tinder! I’m white! My dick, something…” I’m so bored by white male comics, when they get on stage and they’re like, buttoned-down shirt, they love Louis CK, they have a beard… They’re like “Oh yeah, Louis CK said some great things about feminism”. You know who else said something great about feminism? Tons of women throughout history. Any woman who you’re not even listening to because you have to hear it from some bald guy.–
Gaby Dunn, episode 427 “Yo, is this Racist?”
Oh hey, das me. And to be fair, love bald guys.
(via gabydunn)Via NO FUN GABY DUNN
well i for one am fucking shocked
Every so often I need confirmation that I am making the right life choices. Now I can just direct myself back to this.
Australian Cattle Dog/Blue Heeler Appreciation Post
UHOH I FOUND THE CUTEST PUPPIES
Via north by northwest
ON June 7, as part of This American Life’s “The Radio Drama Episode.” Performed by Lindsay Mendez, Anthony Ramos, Alex Boniello, Gerard Canonico, and Antwaun Holley of the musical “21 Chump Street” based off of real news interviews and articles.
(It’s even available on iTunes!?)
I have listened to this multiple times since this episode aired on Sunday, and I cannot get “What the heck I gotta dooooo to be with you” out of my head. I love love love it.
Via Pop Culture Brain | Movies TV Music Web Theater
“Jerry is a comic genius and one scary mother-effer. He can’t stop giggling during all the crime scenes. We have to re-shoot like twenty times before he settles down. My favorite line of Jerry’s was when he investigated the bludgeoning of a nun and cracked, ‘Hope this doesn’t become habit-forming.’” –Sam Waterston
Via stuff and things and such