People are always talking about the “game within the game.”
Took a break from commissions today to draw this for myself - two of the best sitcom families.
SO MUCH WIN
YUP YUP YUP.
I can’t accept that. I can’t accept that there was only one black woman in the entire film, who delivered one line and who we never saw again. I can’t accept that the bad guys were Asian and that although in China, Lucy’s roommate says, “I mean, who speaks Chinese? I don’t speak Chinese!” I can’t accept that in Hercules, which I also saw this weekend, there were no people of color except for Dwayne Johnson himself and his mixed-race wife, whose skin was almost alabaster. I can’t accept that she got maybe two lines and was then murdered. I can’t accept that the “primitive tribe” in Hercules consisted of dark-haired men painted heavily, blackish green, to give their skin (head-to-toe) a darker appearance, so the audience could easily differentiate between good and bad guys by the white vs. dark skin. I can’t accept that during the previews, Exodus: Gods and Kings, a story about Moses leading the Israelite slaves out of Egypt, where not a single person of color is represented, casts Sigourney Weaver and Joel Edgerton to play Egyptians. I can’t accept that in the preview for Kingsman: The Secret Service, which takes place in London, features a cast of white boys and not a single person of Indian descent, which make up the largest non-white ethnic group in London. I can’t accept that in stories about the end of the world and the apocalypse, that somehow only white people survive. I can’t accept that while my daily life is filled with black and brown women, they are completely absent, erased, when I look at a TV or movie screen.– Olivia Cole - Lucy: Why I’m Tired of Seeing White People on the Big Screen (via keepingupwiththekardacheyennes)
(Source: whatwhiteswillneverknow)Via glorious confusion
Eugene Izotov (insanely) plays Antonio Pasculli’s ”La Favorita” variations.
this one goes to kunstderfuge.
I don’t know if any of my followers are classical nerds like I am, but if you are, this one’s for you.
9:03 am on the day registration opens for my students. I need this right now.
Vintage Portland Timbers barware heading to tomorrow’s #pdxflea @portlandflea #portlandtimbers #portland #pdx #rosecity #timbers #timbersarmy #soccer #mls #vintage #barware #rolypolyglasses
I want these.
The ladies of Game of Thrones attend HBO’s ‘Game Of Thrones’ panel and Q&A during Comic-Con International 2014 at San Diego on July 25th, 2014.
Via The Internet Is Dark And Full Of Terrors.
I didn’t even really look at the picture that much, the words “spicy mini meatball grilled cheese” are a dealmaker.
Sometimes you get your heart broke, when you didn’t know you cared enough for that to happen.
If you’re like me, even though you totally did everything right and were a communicative, mature individual, it manifests in not being able to sleep through the night, waking up every so often with a lightning bolt to your heart, sweaty and angry and embarrassed and unable to fall back asleep without the whole thing playing out on your eyelids. You spend an entire day on the couch, watching TV shows you know by heart so you can doze in and out without missing essential plot points, only getting up to pee, not sure if you’re hungover, or food poisoned, or just felled by self pity. It feels like it’s never going to end. How are you going to get through work, through your commute, through everything that stands between you and the next time you can at least try to sleep through a few hours so you can stop thinking about it even for a little while.
But it gets better. It can feel better. It doesn’t happen all at once. But, for the next time it happens and it feels so hopeless that you can’t imagine feeling better, an incomplete list of things that make it suck less:
- Cat GIFs. In this specific situation, big ups to n-x-northwest for unwittingly reblogging exactly what I needed.
- Coffee. Guys, were you aware of exactly how awesome coffee is? I felt like a human again after a couple of cups of bottomless free workplace coffee.
- A playlist that varies in quality from that new Bleachers single you’re obsessed with to Yeah Yeah Yeahs to Beastie Boys to Jimmy Eat World (you guys, when the lyrics from The Middle speak to you, it’s like middle school all over again).
- Enough good friends that you can text or that text you, so his texts aren’t even on the first page of your iPhone anymore. A week that goes from a blank expense on your gCal to more booked than any in recent memory, and you’re looking forward to it all, highly anticipated movies, nerdy singalongs, favorite breakfast sandwiches and all.
- Game of Thrones fan fiction in an AU where Stannis Baratheon is a fantasy football commissioner, and I don’t even read fanfic.
- Nachos and a margarita. For real. If that’s the first meal you eat after you decide to not be a grumpy Gus anymore, it tastes like the first meal you’ve eaten ever.
There are more. There are always more. What I’m saying is, I think it’s gonna be okay.
Trailer: ‘The One I Love' - Aug 1 (VOD)
Directed by Charlie McDowell, written by Justin Lader, starring Mark Duplass, Elisabeth Moss, Ted Danson.
Basically I love everything Mark Duplass has ever done and I am so excited for this.
Via Pop Culture Brain | Movies TV Music Web Theater
“She was of the stuff of which great men’s mothers are made. She was indispensable to high generation, hated at tea parties, feared in shops, and loved at crises.”
—Thomas Hardy, Far from the Madding Crowd
RIP, lady hero.